IT 3110: Systems Automation
DHCP 2 Configuration
This assignment will build on your use of your DHCP server and allow you to netboot clients.
- Utilize your existing DHCP server
- Add entries so that you can netboot an ubuntu server image (in my screenshot below, you would have to update the path to include the
- Create a tftp server to host the required boot files
- Point your netboot installation to a kickstart file using this kickstart file as a template.
- Make sure that you can boot ubuntu clients and have them auto-install via netboot and kickstart.
- Create a second netboot menu option that can boot debian (non-kickstart).
- A debian netboot image found here can be extracted in your tftpboot directory to provide the files that you need.
- I found that the easiest way to do this was to copy the
debian-installerdirectory into the correct location.
The following pdf file might be helpful here
I think the only way to pass this off is via a live demo.
Last Updated 01/20/2021