Assigments One - Topic Choice (25 points)
The topic choice should be written-up and approved by the instructor by week two(2) of the semester. The topic choice assignment should be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with TOPIC CHOICE VT 4900 Lastnameofstudent in the SUBJECT line.
The topic choic should be representive of the Visual Technologies program. Sample topics include the following:
- Advanced Web Development (like XML beyond what is done in class, Zope, PHP - In-depth)
- Advanced 3D Design (3D Studio Max or Maya)
- Advanced Multimedia (Flash -- In-depth)
- Advanced Digital Video (private sector production level)
- Advanced Print technologies (new or emerging technologies)
Assigments Two - Learning Objectives (25 points)
Specific learning objectives for the topic should be e-mailed to email@example.com with Learning Objectives VT 4900 Lastnameofstudent in the SUBJECT line.
Assignment Three - Research and Literature Review (25 points)
In this assignment the student will find resources to help them in their topic. Resources include books, web sites, articles, journals, professionals in their respective field, other students, and the library. By mid-semester the student will submit a 2 page paper on the resources used during the first 8 weeks of the semester. Again, this document should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with VT 4900 LITERATURE Lastnameofstudent in the SUBJECT line of the e-mail.
Assignment Four - Project Demonstration (50 points)
By the 7th week of the semester the student will arrange to meet with the instructor and present their progress in the course. The student will again arrange to meet with the instructor by the 13th week of the course to demonstrate their project as well as competence in the topic. In the final topic demonstration the student will use their best visual, technical, programming, management, and work skills. Instructor evaluation on this assignment will include:
- Professionalism of project
- Quality of work
- Quantity of work (at least 135 hours of development work is expected for 3 credits)
- Completed within the semester timeframe
- Usability and application of project
- Combination of VT (and other tech) skills demonstrated
Assignment Five - Project Report (25 points)
The final topic report will be submitted to the instructor by week 14 of the semester. The report should contain the following elements:
- Learning Objectives
- Research and Literature Review
- Project learning -- a review of what you learned by doing the project (what to do and maybe what not to do)
- Other -- Anything else not covered that you feel needs to be reported.
Send questions and comments to