Assigment One - Project Plan (50 points)
The project plan document may be created at onventure.co or as a pdf and submitted to the instructor at his email address by week two of the semester and may include the following:
- Introduce yourself and your project -- Briefly explain what you are trying to do with the project and what you personally will be bringing to the project.
- Idea development and validation -- What is your idea and what have you done to validate if the idea is real? What specific need(s) are you addressing with your project and how do you know those need(s) are real?
- Market Research and Marketing -- What market research do you have that supports your project? Do you have specific marketing data on customer values, market size, consumer profiles, etc.
- Competition. Who are the competitors? What makes you unique or different? How does your project fit into the market? What are your strengths and weaknesses competitively?
- Strategy. Are you going to be doing your project alone? Will you be working with a team and if so who else will be involved and what are their roles? What is your strategic approach to your project?
- Capital and Financial Resources. What resources will you need to deliver your project? Technology resources? Financial resources? Human resources?
- Risk. What risks are involved in your project? How will you go about managing and minimizing risk for your project?
- Technology Development. What technologies will be used in your project? What prototypes, designs, images, graphics, video, wireframes or other technical development plan will you provide? What innovations, such as superior technology or unique features, will be part of the technical development process? What technical infrastructure will be used in your project?
- Review. What user feed back will you get on your project? How often will you receive user feedback on the buildout of your project? How will you ensure you are creating a preferred user experience?
- Launch. What is your plan for project launch?
- Innovation. How will you ensure ongoing innovation as the project continues forward?
Assigment Two - Project Research and Readings (25 points)
As part of the project the student is expected to explore and learn new concepts, techniques, and best practices as well as conduct market research and project validation. The student is expected to produce a report documenting research and readings and submit that to the instructor by week eight of the semester.
Midterm Review of Progress -- Presentation (50 points)
Project progress will be presented on February 17th, 19th, and 24th during class. Attendance to all sessions is required. Your feedback and user review is critical to the process.
Final Presentation (100 points)
Project progress will be presented on April 21st, 23rd, and 28th during class. Attendance to all sessions is required. Your feedback and user review is critical to the process.
Final Project Report (25 points)
The student will provide a final report on their project that will include (a) hours spent -- it is anticipated that each student will spend 135 hours on the project (hours need to be documented daily throughout the semester), (b) a personal assessment of how well they accomplished their project, (c) and two outside and objective assessments of their project.
Send questions and comments to