IT 3110: Systems Design and Administration II
This assignment will begin your use of DHCP on your network.
- Create a new system for a DHCP server.
- Use the IP space divisions from restructuring: static servers, fixed clients and dynamic clients.
- Create 2 new systems for DHCP Linux dynamic clients.
- Create 2 new systems for DHCP Windows dynamic clients.
- Leave your DNS, mail, web, and mysql machines with static IPs configured on the hosts.
- Change your logger, resources and file systems machines to be fixed DHCP clients, keeping the IP addresses from the restructuring.
- Put the DHCP server in the server static IP space.
- Make the 4 new client systems dynamic DHCP clients.
- Make the DHCP server machine and the Linux clients into SMTP clients on your network.
- Make sure the common user created in the restructuring assignment is on all machines (including Windows).
Create a report with the following elements:
- A copy of your dhcpd.conf file
- A copy of your current leases
- Printscreens that your linux machines are getting dynamic dhcp addresses
- Printscreens that your other machines are getting fixed dhcp leases.
- Convert to pdf.
- Submit your info file to the
DHCPassignment in the submission system.
Last Updated 01/11/2018