Professor, Visual Technologies and Information Technology
OFFICE: Snow Science Building
Dixie State College – Current Courses Eric Pedersen Teaches
- IT 3500 – Electronic Commerce – interdisciplinary coverage of electronic commerce and entrepreneurship
- VT 4600 – Integrated Visual Information Systems – Senior Project Course
- VT 4900 – Independent Research in Visual Technologies
- VT 4920 – Internship in Visual Technologies
Intro Stuff About Eric
Eric Pedersen truly enjoys computer and information technology. He has spent many years of his professional career involved with technology instruction and research. He likes entrepreneurial research and development, hard working students, and the latest in technology. Some of the highlights of his professional career include:
- Started the DSC Center of Excellence for Computer Graphics in 1991.
- Directed the research team that developed and brought online the first Web site in Utah in 1993.
- Founded Infowest in 1994.
- Founded or assisted in the creation of other computer and technology companies, including Voddov.com, AreaTravelinc.com, SouthernUtah.com, ChampionFitnessUSA.com, and others.
- Initiated numerous research and development partnerships with computer and technology companies.
- Involved with numerous design and development projects.
Resume Type Stuff
Dean, Continuing Education – Dixie College, St. George, Utah, 1994 to 1997.
Director, Business Development & Resource Center – Dixie College, St. George, Utah, 1989 to 1994
More Stuff That He Really Didn’t Have Time To Do
- Member, Board of Directors, Voddov, 2011 to present
- Member, Board of Directors, CFUSA, 2010 to present
- Member, Board of Directors, ForteGolf, 2007 to 2011
- Member/Officer/Treasurer/Secretary, Board of Directors, InfoWest, 1994 to present
- Chair/CEO/Officer, Board of Directors, AreaTravelinc.com (additional online properties) and PassportTravel.com, 2000 to 2009
- Member/Officer, Board of Directors, ClearVision (southernutah.com), 1996 to present
- Chair, Board of Directors, Center of Excellence for Computer Graphics, 1991 to present
- Member of the Washington County Economic Development Council, 1991 to 1994
- Member of the Dixie State College Campus Web Committee, 1994 to present
- Member of the Dixie State College Institutional Advancement Committee, 2005-2008
- Member of the Dixie State College Technology Group and Technology Council, 1990 to 2004
- Member of the Dixie State College Academic Council and Curriculum Committee, 1993 to 1997
Schooling And Stuff
Ph.D. Management Information Systems 2007 Utah State University
Emphasis: Management Information Systems
Dissertation: A QUALITATIVE STUDY OF THE ELECTRONIC COMMERCE PROCESS: AN EMIC PERSPECTIVE OF ELECTRONIC COMMERCE ENTREPRENEURS
M.S.S. Utah State University, 1989
Emphasis: Economics (HRA), Business Administration, and Public Administration
B.A. Utah State University, 1988
Major: Business Administration
University of Utah - Attended 1982, 1983, 1987, 1988
Stuff That Doesn’t Belong Anywhere Else
Enjoys basketball, soccer, swimming, canyoneering, tennis, computers, technology, hiking, traveling, and reading.
Last Updated 06/30/2016