Joe Francom, PhD
Professor: Dr Joe Francom
francom at dixie dot edu
Phone: 435-652-7732 (note: email preferred)
Office: NBURNS 237
Office Hours: See Below
Joe’s Spring 2022 Schedule
|MWF||8am - 8:50 - IT4510 (107)|
|MWF||9am - 9:50 - Office hours|
|MWF||10am - 10:50 - Office hours|
|MW||11am - 11:50 - Mostly office hours|
|MW||12pm - 1:15 - IT3110 (107)|
|Online||IT1100 (2 sections)|
Joe has a B.S. in Business, a M.S. in Information Systems, and a Ph.D. in Computer Science. He is a tenured professor at Dixie. Joe enjoys experimenting with and implementing cutting-edge technology in his classroom. He has particular interest in DevOps, Cloud computing, and Security.
In his free time he likes to hike, mountain bike, read, and sundry and miscellaneous other things with his family.
Joe was raised in Utah. He has 4 children.
Courses Joe Teaches or has taught
- CS 1400: Fundamentals of Programming—Introduction to computer programming.
- CS 1410: Object Oriented Programming—Programming with objects.
- CS4600: Senior Project—Senior Capstone Project
- IT 1100: Introduction to Unix/Linux—Introduction to Unix and Linux.
- IT 2400: Introduction to Networking—Introduction to networking.
- IT 2500: Cloud Computing—Cloud Computing
- IT 3100: Systems Design and Administration—Administering and configuring servers using Linux.
- IT 3110: DevOps System Automation—Automation, configuration Management
- IT 3300: DevOps Virtualization—Server virtualization, Containers.
- IT 4100: File Systems and Storage—Storage technologies.
- IT 4200: DevOps Lifecycle Management—How to appropriately deliver web content.
- IT 4400: Network Design and Management—Cisco router and switch configuration (LAN)
- IT 4500: Information Security—Security of computers and networks
- IT 4510: Ethical Hacking and Network Defense—Ethical Hacking
- IT 4600: Senior Project—Senior Capstone Project
Last Updated 08/03/2020