Joe Francom, PhD
Professor: Dr Joe Francom
francom at dixie dot edu
Phone: 435-652-7732 (note: email preferred)
Office: NBURNS 237
Office Hours: See Below
Joe’s Fall 2018 Schedule
|MWF||8am - 10:00 - By appointment only|
|MWF||10am-10:50 - Office|
|MWF||11am-11:50 - IT3100|
|MWF||12pm-12:50 - Office|
|MWF||1pm-1:50 - IT4510|
|MWF||2pm-2:50 - IT3300|
|MWF||3pm-3:50 - IT4200|
Joe has a B.S. in Business, a M.S. in Information Systems, and a Ph.D. in Computer Science. He has been teaching since 2001 and has been at Dixie since 2008. In his free time he likes to hike, mountain bike, read, and sundry and miscellaneous other things with his family.
Joe was raised in Utah. He has 4 children.
Courses Joe Teaches or has taught
- CS 1400: Fundamentals of Programming—Introduction to computer programming.
- CS 1410: Object Oriented Programming—Programming with objects.
- CS4600: Senior Project—Senior Capstone Project
- IT 1100: Introduction to Unix/Linux—Introduction to Unix and Linux.
- IT 2400: Introduction to Networking—Introduction to networking.
- IT 3100: Systems Design and Administration I—Administering and configuring servers using Linux.
- IT 3110: Systems Design and Administration II—Advanced Administering and configuring servers using Linux.
- IT 3300: Virtualization—Server virtualization.
- IT 4100: File Systems and Storage—Storage technologies.
- IT 4200: Advanced Web Delivery—How to appropriately deliver web content.
- IT 4400: Network Design and Management—Cisco router and switch configuration (LAN)
- IT 4500: Information Security—Security of computers and networks
- IT 4600: Senior Project—Senior Capstone Project
Last Updated 08/08/2016