CS/VT 4990: Advanced Web Application Development with Django
Fall 2015 Assignments
- Polls App
- Portfolio Site
- Inventory Catalog
- Twitter Clone
- Job Board
- Time Clock
- Pinterest Clone
- Business CRM
- Rate a Restaurant
Class announcements may modify instructions or requirements from those listed above.
How To Turn In Assignments
Assignments are to be turned in on time by emailing the following information to email@example.com:
- The URL to the git repository containing the code to the assignment
- Optionally the requirements.txt for replicating the virtual environment for the homework
- Fixtures to populate the initial database
- For sake of consistency, use the admin username and password established in the class
- Any additional instructions needed to execute the program
- All finished assignments must look presentable. Use of stylesheets in web applications is required.
- Assignments are scored on a scale of 1 to 10, with 10 points meaning all of the assignment’s requirements were met, the app functions correctly, and the assignment was completed on time. Assigments will automatically lose a point for every day late.
- 146 total possible points: 11 assigments = Total 110 points, the final is worth 36 points ( approx 25% of the grade).
- Some assignments contain extra credit items that can be completed to earn additional points for the creative over achiever in you.
- As approvd on a case-by-case basis, an assignment may be substituded for a different project of the student’s choosing. The instructor needs to approve these projects in advance.
Last Updated 08/15/2015