CS 4920: Internship
Assignment 1 Internship Proposal
Students must submit a proposal to be admitted into the internship course. The proposal must be a PDF document, and must contain the following information:
- Learning objectives for the semester. The objectives must be related to improving the student’s software development skills.
- Approximate amount of time to complete the learning objectives.
- Amount of credits requested (about 50 hours dedicated to learning objectives per credit). Possible values are 1, 2, or 3.
- Supervisor’s contact information (phone and email).
- List of team members who will be helping the student with their learning objectives.
Note that the internship course is focused on improving a student’s software development skills. It is not about the work or projects to be completed for the employer. It is rare that an internship would be approved for a student who is not working with a team of experience software developers.
The instructor may discuss the proposal with the supervisor. If the proposal is accepted, it will be forwarded to the department advisor, who will sign the student into the course.
This proposal is due by the end of day on the first day of classes for the semester.
- Email the proposal to the instructor and supervisor for approval.
- (After enrollment into the course) Submit the PDF proposal to the Canvas assignment.
Last Updated 11/18/2021